Friday, May 3, 2024

Revlon Hot Air Brush Review 2023 Does the Revlon Hair Tool Really Work?

revlon hair brush

For the convenience this tool offers, I can’t think of a reason not to own this hot brush, unless your needs are more complex and you're considering the Dyson Airwrap vs. Revlon One-Step. The Revlon Salon One-Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer gave me a quick, easy-to-achieve, salon-quality blowout in mere minutes. This brush made my frizz vanish, and didn’t require me to go over my sections multiple times to get the job done. My waves had no problem smoothing out with ease, and the lift I got was awesome. You don’t have to splash a bunch of cash to get a Beyoncé-approved blowout at home. Add these Dyson-comparable hair tools to your cart while they’re marked down.

Courtney Higgs, Associate Beauty Editor

This brush has an oval shape, which is a part of its great design, enabling volume with minimal effort. The large, rounded edges help to re-create the work you’d be doing with a round brush to get lift. Nylon pin and tufted bristles also help with their extremely soft and flexible movement, making it easier to dry close to the scalp. These bristles move in and out of the hair with ease, never tangling or getting caught like a round brush, yet never causing any static to hair as it dries. Despite the shorter length, my wavy texture always seems to frizz up when it naturally dries—my usual experience with longer hair. Now that my hair is a little shorter, I suspect I’ll want to do some minor touch-ups to keep my hair looking manageable and help my waves find their new groove and place.

Alex's favourite styling product:

If you are willing to work through the quirks of this product and follow up with additional styling tools if needed, we still think it's one of the most unique and fun-to-use hair products you can buy on a budget. "I have naturally curly hair, and it's one of the few products that smooths and shapes my hair without fuss. I only use it on low or cool settings because it's hotter than the surface of the sun." "I use it to revitalize day-old hair that's been bent out of shape by bedhead. I spritz my dry hair generously with water, clip up the top half, and then use the dryer brush on the "cool" setting until my strands are dry and sleek." The Revlon One-Step Volumizer Hot Air Brush claims to give fresh-from-the-salon-chair volume, and scores of search results and social media videos constantly reaffirm this as reviewers with various hair types and textures test it out on camera. I've owned this device since 2019, and while it does have some limitations, it makes hair drying and styling at the same time incredibly easy.

Performance: Heats up fast

Making (and taking) hair tool recommendations is tough to do since hair type, hair health concerns, and styling goals all weigh so heavily on our choices. All this is to say that whenever we hear about an affordable hair tool garnering seemingly universal acclaim, we pay close attention. According to the ravenous Twitter fandom, and even the early adopting die-hard fan base here at Who What Wear HQ, this round blow-dryer brush combination is supposed to deliver fast, easy, professional-looking blowouts. When trying this hot brush for the first time, one of the first things I noticed was how extremely fast it heat up. The moment I turned the temperature dial on ‘high’, it was instantly hot! In fact, if you have short hair and wear jewelry around your neck, I suggest taking some caution because this high heat will burn if you’re not careful.

That alone is enough of a selling point in my opinion, but this particular brush also claims to offer volume. It uses 3D brush teeth to evenly heat hair and reduce frizz as users glide the device through their hair. It’s available in three colors, has five heat settings, and includes a brush, clips, a heatproof glove, and a travel bag. You can use the Revlon One-Step Volumizer Hot Air Brush to blow-dry wet hair, but to be honest, I don't do this very often. When I go from wet to dry with this dryer brush, I feel like it dries out my ends while leaving my scalp somewhat damp.

Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer

I recommend using the cool tip on the end of the brush for control and added tension, brushing the hair forward and up toward the face to get maximum lift. Mia Huelsbeck is a writer who covers fashion, lifestyle, entertainment, and commerce content. After receiving her A Levels in English Language & Literature, Art History, and Theater Studies, she began her career in marketing while living abroad in London, working with thought leaders worldwide to create articles discussing important health and business topics. Since then, she has continued to hone her craft, writing content around technology, television, marketing, law, and shopping. “This is a quality, solid yet not heavy, tool, comparable to a similar Dyson Product, for a fraction of the cost,” one shopper noted. Melanie Yates is the senior service editor of Best Products, where she writes and reports pieces pertaining to the etiquette, dilemmas, and how-tos of gift-giving for different occasions.

About My Hair: Wavy and frizzy

To use it, I spritz my dry hair generously with water, clip up the top half, and then use the dryer brush on the “cool” setting until my strands are dry and sleek. I continue to brush through each section of my hair, spraying certain top sections with a little more water and heat to better frame my face. My hair texture is currently a straight-ish 1b, and my blow-out styling (wet or dry) is done in just 9 minutes with this device.

Wavytalk Professional Ionic Hair Dryer, $33 with coupon

Beyoncé recently gave us a glimpse into her natural hair routine, including the exact hair tools she uses, and Dyson seems to be her go-to. In an up-close-and-personal Instagram video, the singer whipped out the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer with a wide-tooth comb attachment and the Dyson Airwrap multi-styler to dry and style her hair after her hair was washed with products from her haircare brand, Cécred. The Revlon One-Step Volumizer Hot Air Brush isn't perfect, but it makes for a pretty great hair dryer alternative for a wide range of hair types. However, its bulky brush head, minimal heat settings, and limitations on styling different hair textures prevent it from being a universal, holy-grail product. And while the Revlon’s “One-Step” moniker may be true for people with straight or fine textures who can dry and style their hair in one fell swoop, beauty reviewers with curly or natural hair have noted that the Revlon Dryer Brush actually doesn't have the capability to straighten their hair in the same way. It can still work great as a hairdryer alternative for those with coily hair, but ultimately, a flat iron would be needed to provide that straightened finish that this dryer brush promises.

revlon hair brush

Either way, I’m sure it’s way more comfortable for the average consumer than using two hands at once with a round brush. The Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer Hot Air Brush did more than cut down my dry time. It provided smooth, shiny, healthy-looking hair with a ton of added volume and was easy to use. After using this brush, my hair looked healthier, shinier, and full of life. When it comes to adding volume, you always want to be intentional with your mohawk section—from the front of the hairline all the way back to the crown of the head.

Best hot brushes to buy 2024 UK - Good Housekeeping uk

Best hot brushes to buy 2024 UK.

Posted: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 07:00:00 GMT [source]

Doing my own hair isn’t typically where I like to spend a lot of my time, so when I got asked to test the Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer Hot Air Brush, it was an easy yes. Hot brushes are a 2-in-1 user-friendly option for getting a salon-quality blowout from the comfort of your home in little to no time. It also leaves out the learning curve of using two hands at once with a round brush (something I realize is an extremely foreign feeling if you aren’t a hairstylist like myself).

Previously, she was the site's senior home editor, covering all things decor- and bedding-related since 2015. Her digital byline can also be found on Bustle, House Beautiful, and Elle Decor. A longtime classical-music enthusiast, Melanie spends her off-hours enjoying performances big and small across New York City.

Instead, I use it to revitalize day-old hair that's been bent out of shape by bedhead. This One-Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer is an unbeatable find at around $60 on most major retailer sites. That may roughly be around the price of going into a blow-dry bar, but with this brush, you can recreate the look multiple times a week for at least 4 years.

The ceramic coating on this brush allows for even heat distribution and its ion generator promotes faster drying. Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer Hot Air Brush is an easy-to-use, 2-in-1 tool with soft bristles for convenience and flexibility that heats up faster than any other hot brush I’ve tried—though it is also the loudest tool I've tried. My damp, frizzy, wavy hair transformed into shiny, voluminous, healthy-looking strands in under ten minutes. The lightweight Loveps Hair Dryer cuts frizz, enhances shine, and reduces drying time, all while remaining a relatively quiet device, according to the brand. It comes with two attachments — a diffuser and concentrator nozzle — and has two speeds, three temperatures, a foldable handle for easy transportation, and ionic low-noise technology.One shopper claimed the Loveps tool “works better than the Dyson,” while another five-star reviewer explained they bought this hair dryer to replace their Dyson. Compared to other dryer brushes on the market, though, Revlon's is on the more affordable end, and the device seems to be on sale frequently throughout the year.

I also suspect that I’ll be doing a little more heat styling, because a chic sleek lob is always on point. Hot air dryers may not be new, but their easy 2-in-1 functionality is nothing short of a novel concept. Even though the Revlon One-Step Volumizer Hot Air Brush launched back in 2016, the hype around this hair tool hasn't slowed since. And the grip on this brush isn’t as uncomfortable as some of the other larger hot brushes I’ve tried.

I say at least 4 years because this product offers a 4-year limited warranty. So you can depend on getting any malfunctions (should there be any) properly addressed by the company. No need to leave the house, no tips to be included, no learning curves for getting it done at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

21 Braided Hairstyles You Need to Try Next

Table Of Content Chic Plaits Double Dutch Pull Through Braid Space Buns Cornrows Neat Hairstyles While some milkmaid braids have plenty ...